Today I want to share with you the recipe of a delicious cake: you can use fresh, seasonal fruits in Summer or frozen berries in Winter.
This is an egg-less, dairy-free cake that can be enjoyed by anyone; I personally find that vegan desserts taste better than the ‘traditional’ ones, that’s why I love baking them so much! And since I particularly liked making it and shooting it, I decided to publish the result of this experiment here.
- One 125g dairy-free yogurt pot (soya or coconut)
- 100g unrefined brown sugar + 20g syrup (maple, rice, agave, etc.)
- 9ml sunflower oil (1 yogurt pot)
- 120g plain flour + 100gr wholemeal flour
- 16g baking powder
- Half a pot of mineral water
- Dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Line a 20cm / 8” cake tin with baking paper or use a silicone cake mold.
- Wash, clean and cut berries; I used strawberries and blueberries.
- In a bowl beat oil, sugar, syrup, yogurt, and water until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt – to the wet mixture while beating. Remember to sift the powders! Beat until combined.
- Add the berries and chocolate chips and gently mix them in with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to a cake tin and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden. Stick a toothpick into the center of your cake to check if it’s ready.
- You can decorate sprinkling icing sugar on the top or with some fresh berries, like I did.